Alarming Real Time Events
For thus says the Lord of hosts: “He sent Me after glory, to the nations which plunder you; for he who touches you [Israel] touches the apple of His eye.
What I am about to say breaks all the rules for holiday letters. Alarming events in Israel this past week required that what I prepared earlier be put aside.
→ On Sunday, December 9, terrorists shot and wounded seven Israelis at the junction near Ofra, including a young pregnant woman who according to eyewitnesses was singled out. Her injured baby boy delivered by Caesarean section en route to hospital died three days later.
→ Thursday, December 13, was equally tragic when a terrorist stabbed and wounded two border guards in the Old City of Jerusalem.
→ The same day, a driver attempted to ram his car into a group of soldiers in the town of el-Bireh outside Ramallah injuring one.
→ In another attack, a gunman shot soldiers at a bus stop near Givat Assaf about a mile from Ofra. He murdered two and seriously wounded a third soldier, along with a female bystander.
→ On Friday, December 14, a terrorist stabbed a soldier and bludgeoned his head with a rock near the town of Beit El.
→ Saturday, there was yet another knife attack in the Old City of Jerusalem where without provocation, two IDF soldiers were stabbed.
Now, you can see why I had to discard my original letter. Many are unaware of the traumatic realities Israelis face on a daily basis or that anti-Semitism is at a global all-time high.
And, that my friend is why Olive Tree Alliance was launched just a few short months ago. Olive Tree Alliance is already making a difference and our influence is growing!
- We communicate the truth of God’s Word about Israel and His Chosen People in churches, with small groups and through personal contact with all kinds of people.
- We interact with friends of Olive Tree Alliance via an affiliated support group called L’Chaim Fellowship.
- We reach a diversity of people around the globe through our website and social media.
- We participate in tristate events to demonstrate genuine solidarity with Israel and the Jewish community.
Olive Tree Alliance works to eliminate confusion about Israel. We are convinced that an educated understanding of the Bible and history—as well as real time events, like the one’s I cited—can motivate and enable Christians to keep false information about Israel from gaining a foothold in churches.
Consider three ways you can partner with us.
- You can pray for us. Olive Tree Alliance needs people who will pray earnestly on our behalf. Prayer is essential to our success.
- You can spread the word by telling like-minded friends about Olive Tree Alliance. Encourage your pastor and church leaders to schedule an Olive Tree Alliance conference or meeting.
- You can financially support Olive Tree Alliance with a tax-deductible gift. During the start-up phase, we’ve asked God to provide two hundred people who will commit to supporting Olive Tree Alliance with a monthly gift of $100.
Now, you can donate by check through the mail and online using the DONATE button on the website.
Your gift supports Olive Tree Alliance through the start-up and enables me to schedule conferences in key cities, publish Bible-based resources and initiate projects to practically help people in Israel.
We dare not miss the moment. This is an opportunity for Christians to demonstrate biblical love to the Jewish community in ways seldom seen over the past 2,000 years.
Thank you for your interest in Olive Tree Alliance. Merry Christmas and may God’s richest blessings be yours throughout 2019!
Charles E. McCracken
P.S. Thank you in advance for helping Olive Tree Alliance make a difference.
BIBLICALLY AUTHENTIC – STANDING WITH ISRAEL